Digital Content Producer
Reporting to the Creative Director, the Digital Content Producer is a highly creative professional within the Communications Office and serves as the principal videographer/photographer for Choate Rosemary Hall. This position combines artistic ability with technical proficiency to create engaging multimedia content for use across the School’s print and digital outlets. In coordination with the communications team, the Digital Content Producer ensures that school events and milestones are documented, shared, and archived in a manner that supports Choate’s communications and marketing objectives.
This is a full-time, year-round, benefits eligible, exempt position with a flexible schedule that may include evenings and weekends to cover various school events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as lead videographer/editor for in-house production of long & short-form videos, social media, news, website updates, etc.
- Identify stories and/or develop concepts and storyboards for digital, video, and other multi-media projects that align with the strategic efforts of the Communications Office.
- Organize, direct, produce, and edit video and photographic assets including (but not limited to) institutional events, arts performances, athletic contests, and other special events.
- Ability to collaborate with a wide range of campus constituents – from faculty, staff, and students – to writers, designers, and event coordinators.
- Manage Choate’s YouTube and Vimeo channels as online delivery systems for marketing purposes and report viewership analytics, as requested.
- Provide multimedia support for the Alumni Bulletin as needs arise.
- Assist independently contracted creative vendors during video and photo shoots.
- Edit and post-process digital assets using Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Media Encoder, and Adobe Lightroom.
- Participate in project meetings to identity creative ways video and multimedia storytelling can most effectively market the School.
- Manage and curate digital assets, including tagging, key wording, and other archiving tasks for all institutional media.
- Bachelor’s degree in related subject (video, photography, media, etc.)
- Four years professional experience in production with proven skills in creative photography and video production and editing.
- Ability to manage a set or location, while professionally managing clients, subjects, and environments.
- Professionally skilled in Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects, and Adobe Media Encoder for photo and video post-production.
- Professionally skilled in using DSLR camera systems and lighting.
- Ability to use the Google Suite and Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with digital archive software preferred.
Working at Choate: Choate Rosemary Hall is a coeducational, independent secondary school located in central Connecticut with 850 boarding and day students and over 350 employees. Choate serves intellectually gifted and motivated students of diverse backgrounds from across the globe whose commitment to serious study is enhanced in an academically challenging and personally supportive setting.
Choate provides students with transformative and meaningful experiences that instill lifelong habits of learning, leadership, and service, shaped by innovative and passionate educators. Teaching faculty at Choate are innovative, collaborative, and committed to our students' intellectual, social, emotional, and character development. Our faculty understands that each of our students has the potential for growth and works to encourage students to develop their own ideas and voices in learner-centered environments.
For its students and employees alike, Choate strives to be a diverse and inclusive community where all feel valued and embraced. On our campus, principled individuals from diverse backgrounds are united through common purpose, active engagement, and mutual respect. We celebrate differences and the richness of our varied backgrounds and experiences. Recognizing that working in an inclusive community can also present challenges, we embrace those challenges through ongoing dialogue and interaction, enhancing empathy and appreciation for those whose perspectives differ from our own.
Choate prohibits in all its programs, including hiring and employment practices, discrimination against or harassment of any member or group based upon age, gender, race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, genetic information, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other category protected by Connecticut or federal law, except in the case of a bona fide occupational qualification.