Director of Admission
The Director of Admission is a 46-week administrative faculty position reporting to the Head of School and Associate Head of School. A Senior Officer of the School, the Director of Admission must be a forward looking, visionary leader possessing entrepreneurial, strategic, and analytic skills. Personal qualities of integrity and intellectual curiosity, a sense of humor, strong interpersonal and communication skills, technological savvy, a collaborative work style, and a commitment to excellence that characterizes the School should be reflected in the Director. The Director is responsible for galvanizing a school-wide admission effort toward strategic enrollment goals that are in line with the School's mission. The Director leads a team of admission officers and staff that is as devoted as it is talented and works closely with the Director of Financial Aid to ensure good use of the School's significant financial aid resources.
To fulfill these responsibilities the Director:
- Develops, executes, and assesses all Admission Office policies and procedures, strategies and goals, including travel, recruitment, and enrollment strategies.
- Manages and participates in recruitment and admission efforts.
- With appropriate others, coordinates the execution of a marketing and promotional strategy that effectively relays the School's mission to prospective families and other constituencies.
- Ensures the Admission Office represents the School in the best possible fashion to prospective applicants, using feedback to inform the selection process to maximize future success.
- Works with others at the School to shepherd applicants in an appropriate manner through the admission process, including establishing feedback loops for academics, arts, and athletics, and caring appropriately for legacy candidates.
- Is a presence on the national and international stage for independent secondary school admission.
- Oversees the preparation of reports and analyses for the Head of School, Board of Trustees, and others as needed.
- Supervises, manages, trains, recruits, hires, and evaluates Admission Office personnel.
- Manages the Admission operating budget.
The Director supervises the following personnel:
- 12-13 admission officers
- 7 support staff
The Director is a member of the following committees and organizations:
- Financial Aid Committee
- Finance Committee (Board of Trustees)
- Admission, College Counseling, and Strategic Marketing Committee (Board of Trustees)
- TSAO (Ten Schools Admission Association)
- AISAP (Association of Independent School Admission Professionals)
The position includes school housing and some residential responsibilities. The Director takes on other duties as assigned by the Head of School or Associate Head of School.
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degree preferred
- At least five years of administrative and leadership experience in admission and enrollment management at the secondary or collegiate level, with progressively increased responsibilities and a record of success in recruitment and enrollment
- Experience recruiting a diverse student population and managing a diverse team
- Familiarity with independent school, boarding school, or residential college environment
- Proven track record as a highly collaborative individual with strong interpersonal, verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Proficiency in data analysis and its use in enrollment management strategy
- Strong personal integrity, an intrinsic work ethic, an upbeat and optimistic approach, and a good sense of humor
- Appropriate background checks are required